Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Canada Day!

Once upon a time, before negotiations and deals I was asked a simple question "what do you think about CodeGear joining Embarcadero?". My gut reaction was "that would be awesome!". Being a long time developer and user of several of their tools might have had some to do with that, however I really did believe there was a natural synergy between the two tool sets and great opportunity for us to build on. Nothing has changed from that original thought, well except one thing, it is finally real. That may sound silly but from the moment I started researching CodeGear and started cooking up ideas on what it all meant was moment I was introduced to "this may not happen". I am sure no one is more elated that this is finally done then Borland and CodeGear, but I do share in that joy. This move will have tremendous effect on our business which will ultimately result in amazing benefit to our customers. I am very excited to be part of the next chapter in Embarcadero and today as I celebrate the birth my nation, I also celebrate the birth of the new Embarcadero.

No comments: